Reading Todd Henry’s book, Louder Than Words, has inspired me to articulate my own unique creative voice by drafting my personal manifesto. Intended as a public declaration of my values and goals I hope it motivates you to align your life’s goals with your own personal identity.
- Reduce suffering: There is no other purpose to life.
- Be an outsider, as only followers are part of a group.
- Have compassion, for people judge to be loved.
- Fear not your wildest fantasies, fear their never existing.
- There is no heaven but there is the sea.
- Art is the voice of your emotions.
- To control your response is to control the power others have over you.
- Be humble and reject pride, for nothing is ever your own achievement.
- Reality is unequivocal but there is happiness in accepting death.
- Never stop developing your mind and body.
Find more examples of manifestos by famous personalities here.